Monday, July 19, 2010

Join Me at the Relay For Life

Sherwood's American Cancer Society's Relay for Life is August 7-8 at the Sherwood High School football field. This year I'll be on the Main Stage from 2:00-2:45. I'll be sharing stories from my upcoming book And Then...Cliffhanger Stories to Ignite the Imagination. We'll do what I'm calling "Interactive Storytelling" with kids and families who are hanging around the field supporting walkers and waiting for their turn. I think it will be a ton of fun, and even more fun if lots of you show up! I'll bring some kids up on stage to help me finish a couple of my stories, and give people in the audience opportunities to use their imaginations too. I've done this lots of times with kids in classrooms and we've laughed ourselves silly, however this is the first time I've done it with a public audience. I'm a little nervous about it, so friendly faces will be appreciated!

You can find out more about the Relay for Life and sign up to walk or donate here.

No comments: