Friday, December 11, 2009

Wild and Crazy

Whew! I'm back from an INSANE day shopping - both for Christmas and for groceries. I think the whole world was out trying to beat the coming precipitation. So it was wild and crazy on the roads and in the stores.

It was also wild and crazy at Storytime this week, and I loved it! Instead of having a theme at preschool time, I just chose books I love and that I knew the kids would love. Here they are:

Preschool Storytime

The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig by Eugene Trivizas. Such a fun twist on the Three Little Pigs!
How Many Bugs in a Box? by David Carter. The long-necked bugs in the thin box gets them every time. Wish you could have seen their faces when I slammed the book on the saw bugs!
Opposites by Robert Crowther. This is a fantastic pop-up book. But the happy/sad turning face seems a little creepy sometimes.
Little Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. See my last post about this book.

We also played Greg & Steve's Freeze Game with the batons. Not a single one destroyed!!

Toddler Time

We read Cookie's Week by Cindy Ward (Cookie fell in the toilet! Oh no!!), and My Car by Byron Barton.

Baby Time

It's so nice to have the relaxing time to chat after we do our rhymes and songs and bubbles and books. The group is still pretty small, so tell your friends and neighbors to come join us!

No comments: