Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Got Hugs!

Yes, a little boy gave me several today, and they were SO sweet! And another little boy who has been very quiet up til now is very proud of himself that he can come up and say "Hi, Mith Tewetha!

Preschool Storytime

Our stories this week were about the weather, and rain in particular. We started with a favorite author, Robert Munsch.

Mud Puddle, by Munsch - Always silly. He's a master at making repetitive lines funny.
In the Middle of the Puddle, by Thaler - Did you know he lives in Portland? I saw him at MudPuddles once. He's most famous for his Black Lagoon series.
A Rainbow Of My Own, by Freeman - I love the idea of a pet rainbow!
Rain Talk, by Serfozo - Can you say bupbupbupbupbup really fast?

I told the Aesop's Fable of the North Wind and the Sun with stick puppets, and did It Looked Like Spilt Milk (by Shaw) on the flannel board.

We did the finger play "Rain for the Garden" and jumped in the puddle, and also the song "There is Thunder."

Toddler Time

I read the stories Come Along Daisy, by Simmons, and The Three Little Kittens, by Siomades.

I also introduced a lap bouncing song. Last week I did it with the babies and called it "I Had a Little Mousie," but I'm going to change it to "Bounce Upon My Knees" because I think I'm going to be making up LOTS of verses for it.

Let's see...

I had a little mousie who never would eat his cheese...
I had a little doggie who never would scratch his fleas...
I had a little elephant who never wanted to sneeze...
I had a little ice cube who never wanted to freeze...
I had a little rabbit who never would eat his peas...

Got any more ideas?

Baby Time

It's so much fun seeing these little guys sit up for the first time, or really get excited about a song. Every week they grow and change show off some new skill.

Please don't be afraid to bring along an older sibling with your baby. Hearing the rhymes and songs is great for toddlers and preschoolers. They can either play with balls and blocks that I have for them in the back of the room, or do what Mommy does with a doll or stuffed animal.

No comments: