Friday, September 4, 2009

"Song and Dance" and New Schedules

Last week Preschool Storytime was about singing and dancing. We did the Hokey Pokey and used the rhythm instruments to get crazy to the William Tell Overture. We also sang and learned the motions to "This Old Man" while learning what rhymes with "one" (drum - well, sort of rhymes), "two" (shoe), "three" (knee) etc. The books we read were:

Mortimer, by Robert Munsch (Sorry for giving your kids bedtime ideas.)
Dance Away, by Shannon (Left two, three, kick!)
Giraffes Can't Dance, by Andreae

That was a really fun storytime to end the summer with. I was sorry to say goodbye to my old friends who came for the summer but are going back to elementary school. It makes me feel so good that they want to come to Storytime even when they're in first or second grade. Yeah, maybe Mom makes them come to accompany the four-year-old sibling, but still, they sit on the rug and participate. I hope I get to see them at Christmas.

And then many three year olds are off to preschool now and won't be able to attend Toddler Time. Maybe I'll get to see some of them Wednesday at 11:30 or 1:00 if it fits the schedule.

I'm hoping too that some of you can bring your babies to Baby Time now that the older siblings are off at preschool. Thursdays at 11:00 we sing some songs, learn some bouncy rhymes and have a good time visiting. I know at 11:00 some of the preschools are over, but it's the best I can do. Maybe your preschooler could go home with a friend while you go to Baby Time! I wish I could start some programs at 9:30, but the library isn't open yet.

See you all next week!

No comments: