Friday, September 25, 2009

Last Week's Storytimes

Preschool Storytime

This last week our theme was "Eric Carle". Of course, many of the children knew The Very Hungry Caterpillar, but some of the other fun books were new to them. We read:

The Very Hungry Caterpillar - "But he was STILL hungry!"
The Very Busy Spider - with a spider web you can feel
Dream Snow - with the overlay pages to cover the animals, and a musical button to push
Head to Toe - where we got to do all the movements
The Mixed-Up Chameleon - where the chameleon wished to be like the other animals

Toddler Time

A couple of new songs and rhymes this week:

My Hands Upon My Head

My hands upon my head I place,
On my shoulders, on my face,
On my hips and at my sides,
Then behind me they will hide.
Now I clap them, one, two, three!
Then I fold them quietly.

Hands Up High

Hands up high, hands down low,
Hide those hands.
Where did they go?
Here is one, here is two.
Clap them, fold them.
Now we're through.

See How I'm Jumping

See how I'm jumping, jumping, jumping.
See how I'm jumping like a ball.
See how I'm drooping, drooping, drooping.
See how I'm drooping, down I fall!

Baby Time

Tick Tock

Tick, tock, tick, tock
I'm a little cuckoo clock.
Tick, tock, tick, tock,
Now the time is one o'clock.
Cuckoo!

Sittin' In a High Chair

Sittin' in a high chair, big chair, my chair,
Sittin' in a high chair, bangin' my spoon.
Sittin' in a high chair, big chair, my chair,
Sittin' in a high chair, feed me soon.

Bring on the plate, bring on the cup,
Somebody fill this baby up!
Bring on bananas, bring on the bread.
Somebody get this baby fed!

Bring on the carrots, bring on the peas.
Somebody feed this baby, please.
Bring on the pancakes, stacked in a pile.
Somebody make this baby smile.

No comments: