Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summer at Storytime

This summer I'll be keeping the regular schedule of Storytime, Toddler Time and Baby Time. I know that many of you have school age kids and you'd like to bring them along so your little one can keep coming to the program.

At Preschool Storytime, I love having the school age kids come. It's the only time I get to see some of my old friends who have "graduated." There's plenty of room for everyone.

At Toddler Time, space becomes an issue. As usual, four and five-year-olds can sit by the adults and do all the activities the toddlers do, just staying on the outside of the circle. I'm asking that six-year-olds and up to sit in the chairs and read a book, or sit at the side tables and draw or color, so we can keep room in the circle for parents and toddlers.

Baby Time isn't a problem for older kids. There's room for them to sit with Mom or play with the "Big Kid Blocks," or hang out in the chairs.

So please keep coming even though your older kids are home, just plan ahead so it stays comfortable for our little ones.

No comments: