Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Visit From Kaaren Pixton

I discovered Kaaren Pixton's wonderful "Indestructible" books at the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators retreat last fall. I knew immediately that they'd be wonderful for Baby Time. I asked the library to get sets for me, and we now have "Mama and Baby" and "Wiggle! March!" Kaaren wanted to visit a Baby Time when she could see her books in the hands (and mouths) of the babies, her "actual customers" as she put it.

We had about 14 babies today, and those books were a definite hit! The babies held them, mouthed them, crumpled them and yes, looked at them for longer than any book I've ever given them. The best part is, all that handling is perfectly okay because these books are tear-proof, chew-proof, sog-proof, non-toxic and completely washable. Can't beat that!

Indestructibles Wiggle! March!


Several of the moms already had a few of the books and couldn't say enough good things about them. I bought a couple to give as welcome gifts to a couple of friends I know who are expecting babies. I think $4.95 is a very good price!

Thanks, Kaaren for the visit, and for your great talent!

No comments: